This background image
was drawn by LM7
Hello, I am Mari, a 26 year old Dutch guy who likes to play shoot 'em up games seriously.
I am a nerdy person that studies Computer Science and takes keen interests in countries, travel, geography, history, and public transportation. Travelling is my absolute favourite activity in life. I have visited 28 different countries so far, including my home country of the Netherlands, and one of my life goals is to visit every country in Europe, as well as at least one country per continent.
Other than shoot 'em ups, there's a good number of games I value highly, as I loved playing them (still do) and they had a great positive influence on my life:
- Pokémon series (generations 3 to 5, including Colosseum, XD and especially Pokémon Battle Revolution)
- Kirby series (my favourite being Kirby & the Amazing Mirror)
- Mario series (Mario Kart, Mario RPGs, both Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi)
- Keitai Denjuu Telefang (both games)
- Super Smash Bros. series
- Labyrinth of Touhou
See the bottom of this page for my favourite Touhou characters.
I also absolutely love to listen to video game OST, especially that of many shoot 'em up games. My favourite composers to listen to themes of are the following:
- ZUN (Touhou series, Seihou Shuusou Gyoku)
- Manabu Namiki (many CAVE shoot 'em up titles)
- Rengoku Teien (their music as used in Labyrinth of Touhou)
- Saitama Saisyu Heiki (aka S.S.H, most notably eXceed 3rd)
OST makes up more than 90% of all of my time spent listening to music. My favourite OSTs to listen to include Labyrinth of Touhou, Seihou Shuusou Gyoku, Samidare, Dodonpachi Saidaioujou, Mushihime-sama as well as Futari, Great Fairy Wars, Subterranean Animism, Shining Shooting Star, Mrs. Estacion, eXceed 3rd, Guwange and Ikaruga; many more follow suit. Some of my favourite themes are listed in the table below.
|Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess||Touhou 8: Imperishable Night, Final Boss||ZUN|
|The Primal Scene of Japan The Girl Watched||Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith, Stage 5||ZUN|
|Hartmann's Youkai Girl||Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism, Extra Stage Boss||ZUN|
|The Refrain of the Lovely Great War||Touhou 12.8: Great Fairy Wars, Stage 1||ZUN|
|The Hall of Dreams' Great Mausoleum||Touhou 13: Ten Desires, Stage 5||ZUN|
|Illusionary White Traveler||Touhou 16: Hidden Star in Four Seasons, Stage 4||ZUN|
|Illusory Imperial Capital||Seihou Shuusou Gyoku, Stage 2||ZUN|
|Illusion of Flowers, Air of Scarlet Dream||Seihou Shuusou Gyoku, Stage 3||ZUN|
|Trans--||Seihou Banshiryuu C67, Final Boss||halt, Doku Den P|
|Broken Strawberry Shortcake||Samidare, Extra Stage Second Boss||Ryu-Lighter|
|Setting Off ~ Departure Dream||Mrs. Estacion, Stage 2||Misora|
|Eternal Stars in Memories||Touhou Shining Shooting Star, Stage 5||Shihenwx|
|Reality||Ikaruga, Stage 4||Hiroshi Iuchi|
|Ai||Dodonpachi Saidaioujou, Stage 3||Manabu Namiki|
|The Battle Was Just "To Continue That Future"||Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu, Stage 5||Manabu Namiki|
|Vertigo||Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label, Stage 5||Manabu Namiki|
|Like the Night of the Falling Stars||Mushihimesama, Stage 4||Manabu Namiki|
|The Black Shell Beast King||Mushihimesama Futari, Stage 4||Manabu Namiki|
|Underworld Cherry Blossoms||Guwange, Stage 3||Manabu Namiki|
|Maid to Order||eXceed 3rd JADE PENETRATE, Stage 4||Saitama Saisyu Heiki (S.S.H)|
|Maid to Order (Arranged)||eXceed 3rd JADE PENETRATE Black Package, Stage 4||Saitama Saisyu Heiki (S.S.H)|
|Deceitful Wings (Arranged)||Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, Final Boss||Saitama Saisyu Heiki (S.S.H)|
|Road to the Globe||Labyrinth of Touhou, Dungeon (floors 7F, 13F, 22F, 24F)*||Rengoku Teien|
|Dark a Liar||Labyrinth of Touhou, Final Boss*||Rengoku Teien|
|Battle! Elite Four||Pokemon Black and White, Elite Four||Junichi Masuda|
* Rengoku Teien is a group of composers that produces royalty-free music; Labyrinth of Touhou simply uses it, among music by other composers.
Vertigo is possibly my favourite piece of music of all time.
- One of my most commonly used avatars (shown above) is a non-canon depiction of Maribel having gone berserk due to her powers overflowing, which is the final boss of Labyrinth of Touhou.
- I use the default keyboard that came with my PC to play, making me one of the rare serious keyboard players not to use a mechanical keyboard.
- Linux distributions are my preferred operating systems. I have used them on my laptop since late 2014 and on my main PC since late 2018.
- A heavily tweaked Firefox is my preferred browser (most tweaks being for privacy reasons). I also used Pale Moon for a while.
- As of my most recent measurement, I am 1.934 meters tall, or 6' 4'' in feet and inches.
- I cannot stand the smell of oranges. I also tend to dislike anything citrus, but only if the taste is too prevalent; lemon tea, for instance, is fine.
- My favourite movie series is Back to the Future, no contest.